Join us for the October 23rd - 12:00 pm EST “Biofilms - the Way, Microorganisms Organize their Social Life in Drinking Water” webinar featuring Professor Hans-Curt Flemming, Biofilm Centre at the University Duisburg-Essen, Germany. As a pioneering biofilm researcher, his fascination with biofilms and the bacteria life has fueled his more than 30 years of biofilm work and multiple publications.
What You Will Learn
- Why microorganisms form biofilms and their role as a contamination source in drinking water.
- Detection of bacteria and biofilm in water systems.
- Occurrence and relevance of Viable But Non-culturable Cells (VBNC) by clinically-relevant bacteria.
- Influence of plumbing materials on bacterial and biofilm growth.
- Influence of chemical disinfection on bacterial and biofilm growth.
Professor Hans-Curt Flemming
Biofilm Centre, University Duisburg-Essen
Water Academy - Germany